OPERATION & MAINTENANCE SERVICES
DESEIN and its group companies is today among India's leading Operation & Maintenance Service provider for power stations. Desein is successfully handling O&M contracts for all the major SEBs in India as well as for clients abroad.
DESEIN has successfully undertaken and completed O&M contracts for 4x120 MW power plant built by Deutsche Babcock in LIBYA. This job involved handling a very large desalination plant having a capacity of 40,000 m3/day. This contract was for a period of 4 years. The scope of work also included supervision of performance tests on behalf of the Libyan client, training of local O&M personnel. Desein had deputed a team of 215 persons consisting of Engineers, technical and non technical staff to the plant site in Libya.
LIBYA - O&M Assignment
Complete O&M Contract for 4x120 MW HOMS POWER STATION executed in Libya from 1980 to 1983.
- Four (4) - 375 TPH, 132 bar at 540° C, oil fired Boilers with programmable oil burner management system
- 4x120 MW, 3 - Cylinder Turbine with Hydrogen cooled Generator
- 3 auxiliary oil fired Boilers each having a rating of 55 TPH
- Black start power station with a 10 MW gas turbine unit
- A 220 KV sub station with SF6 Switch gear and a 30 KV sub station for local area distribution system
- Hydrogen generation plant & Hypo - chlorite plant for sterile of cooling tower
- Fire fighting & compressed air plant
Scope of Work
- Study of plant specifications and review of contractor's commissioning test schedules and working out a detailed and comprehensive
commissioning test schedule for the entire plant
- The development of routine test procedures of plant and equipments
- To develop maintenance schedules
- To maintain the plant for high availability, and operate the plant with high efficiency
- To train the client's O & M personnel so that they take over O & M of the plant on completion of the contract period.
- DESEIN developed a defect notification system which enabled the contractor to remove all defects and thereby made the plant defect free.
- With deep involvement, rigorous testing & performance guarantee tests enabled taking over a healthy plant from the contractor.
- Excellent relationship with contractors and consultants enabled DESEIN to absorb the contractor's expertise which in-turn was passed over to the client along with DESEIN's own high level expertise.
Complete O & M Contract for 4 Desalination Plants also executed in LIBYA
This work also performed as part of the Homs Power Station O & M Contract and it included:
- 4 multistage flash type Desalination units each rated 2,904,000 gallons per day
- 4 Auxiliary boilers each rated 75 TPH for the 4 Desalination units
- A chemical blending plant for the production of drinking water is also associated with the Desalination plant
DESEIN is currently handling total Operation & Maintenance of many plants in India & Abroad, some of them are :
- 1 x 24 MW and 1 x 21.56 MW Bagasse based Power Station at Sameerwadi, Karnataka of Godavari Biorefiniries Ltd. (Somaiya Group),
(continuing since 2004)
- 1 x 29.4 MW and 1 x 19 MW Coal / Lignite based Power Station at Dalmiapuram, Trichy, Tamil Nadu of Dalmia Cement Bharat Ltd.,
(continuing since 2005)
- 2 x 15 MW Coal based Power Station at Butibori, Nagpur of Indorama Petrochemicals Ltd., (continuing since 2007)
- 2 x 20 MW Coal based Power Station at U.A.E (continuing since 2010)
- 2 x 13 M.Kcal / hr & 2 x 14.2 M.Kcal / hr coal fired H.T.M. Plant at Butibori, Nagpur (continuing since 2011)
- 2 x 43 MW coal fired power plant for Action Ispat & Power Pvt. Ltd. at Jharsuguda, Orissa (continuing since 2011)
Complete Operation & Maintenance of Ash Handling Plants
Many of the Thermal Power Plant Owners have been finding it difficult to effectively handle the operation & maintenance of Ash handling plants, with the result that the full load operation is affected thereby reducing the station PLF.
DESEIN is currently handling the complete Operation & Maintenance of many Ash Handling Plants and some of them are:
- UPRVUNL - Parichha TPS (2x110 MW + 2x210 MW)
- KPCL - Raichur TPS (4x210 MW)
- GEB - Wanakbori TPS (7x210 MW)
- HPGCL - Panipat TPS (2x110 MW)
- DPL - Durgapur TPS (410 MW)
- DPL - Dongfang - Durgapur TPS (1x300 MW)
- DVC - Chandrapura TPS (3x130 MW)
- HPGCL - Yamunanagar TPS (2x300 MW)
- DVC - DSTPS (ANDAL) (2x500 MW)
- WBSEB - Bandal TPS (1x210 MW)
- KPCL - Bellary TPS (1x500 MW)
- Heavy Water Plant, Manuguru TPS (3x30 MW)
A complete list of O & M projects undertaken by DESEIN is available under the reference list.